Australian beaches are beautiful, no doubt but also very much dangerous? This is where West Coast First Aid Training comes to the rescue. Our job is to train people and provide them with the necessary knowledge of water-related and several that might, one day, help save others.
Our staff includes trained nurses, paramedics, and a helicopter rescue crew, ensuring that help is never off-limits. Many of our staff members have gained their on-field first aid training in Western Australia’s.
About our team
Our teams include paramedics, nurses, health professionals, and more. Each person on our team has mandatory on-field experience in their respective areas. Our human resource is the most valuable one, which is why we conduct a thorough screening before appointments.
Each member of our on-field staff is a professional bodyguard with a CERT 4 TAE40116 and other qualifications, including
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management Combined Course
- Simulated Drowning Resuscitation
- Advanced Resuscitation Certificate
- Working With Children Certification
- Spinal Management Certification
- Defibrillation Operators Certificate
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003) or Occupational First Aid (HLTAID008) Certification
- First Aid Training/ Course
- CPR HLTAID001/9
Where we work
We specialise in providing operational oversight and water-related first aid at events. Some of the events we have worked at in the past are –
- Two Australian Beach Volleyball Championships
- Three Australian Surf Lifesaving Championship
- WA State and WA Schools’ volleyball championships
- Numerous camps and water sports events
- Perth WA leg of the ROC Race
- Shire of Gingin Lancelin Triathlon 2019, 2020
- 2019 Shoalwater Classic Triathlon
- Two Nutri-Grain Ironman Series (Perth and Yallingup)
Furthermore, we are qualified and readily available for similar events and more on the Western Coast. The event could be the shooting for a TV commercial, feature film, any kind of sporting event (including triathlons, ocean and river swimming, paddle ski, boat race, snorkelling, and diving) or a camp. We also provide our services for festivals, private parties, and boat cruises.
Why choose us
Each member of our team possesses on-field experience. This experience enables them to save lives through practical knowledge as well as deliver better courses.
As the aforementioned minimum qualifications are mandatory for recruitment to our staff, we ensure that each staff member is knowledgeable and skilled at what they do.
Our ever-vigilant team members ensure just that by being prepared for anything at all times so that we can get to anyone who needs our help.
Our team is always prepared for all kinds of scenarios and knows how to deal with them calmly and properly. We do the work so you can relax and enjoy your time.
What we offer
At West Coast First Aid Training, we offer first aid services at multiple events and have several water-related courses that you can choose from and get trained in. Here’s a list of courses that we have to offer –
- Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- First Aid Training Course
- HLTAIDOO1/9 – Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAIDOO3/11 – One-day course
- HLTAIDOO3/11 – Two-day course
- HLTAIDOO4/12 – First Aid in Education & Care Settings
- HLTAIDOO6/14 – Advanced First Aid
- HLTAIDOO7/15 – Advanced Resuscitation
Apart from these courses, we sell first aid equipment and consumables. We also rent out manikins and defibrillators for people to use at their first aid classes like at schools and rec centres.