March 26, 2021 First Aid Trainer
It is said that guests and injuries come uninvited. We never know when a guest will unexpectedly visit our house or when we might get injured. However, injuries are more serious than guests. All guests can do is consume our time and snacks, but injuries can cost us a fortune if not treated well.
In our workplaces and offices, there are many appliances which can cause us harm. The coffee machine might go berzerk, causing the hot steaming coffee to burn your hands. The chair on which you are about to sit might be broken, causing you to fall hard on the ground. The stairs might be slippery, giving you a swollen and bruised ankle. There might be a loose wire hanging out the wall, and someone might accidentally touch it, leading to a shock. Anything can happen in an office.
For major injuries, you must rush to a hospital without any delay, but before rushing to the hospital, you can treat the wounded yourself using first aid to ensure the wound doesn’t worsen by the time you reach the hospital. However, not everyone can give first aid. The person giving first aid should have attended first aid training courses to ensure the patient is not harmed any further.
Before joining first aid training courses, the applicant must get acquainted with the responsibilities of a first aider:
1. A first aider should try his/her best to save the life of the injured by taking immediate and correct actions so that the chances of survival increase in case of a serious injury.
2. The first aider should administer proper and practical first aid to the injured to prevent worsening.
3. The first aider should give appropriate emotional assurance to the injured so that they are less anxious even after being in pain.
4. The first aider should carefully assess the nature and cause of the injury to prevent any further casualties from harming the bystanders and the public.
5. The first aider should stay in the ambulance with the injured to give the doctor the proper facts and condition of the casualty. It will give context to the doctor assigned so that he/she would be able to proceed further without any delay.
6. If possible, the first aider should fill out the hospital paperwork for the wounded if they have no close relative or family member to take care of them.
Giving first aid without attending any first aid training courses can be dangerous for both the injured and the bystanders. Everyone needs to know the basics of first aid, but those interested in exploring the world of first aid and are searching for trustworthy first aid training courses can visit West Coast First Aid Training Service.
With years of experience and skilled teachers, West Coast First Aid Training Service will train you in giving first aid and teach about all the necessary factors to be considered while administering first aid.
Visit West Coast First Aid Training Service and sign up for your first aid training courses. You may save a life.