Accidents can happen anywhere. There are two types of accidents, major and minor, and both can happen anywhere to anyone at any time. Accidents do not give prior notification or notice before occurring. One should be prepared to face accidents.
One way to prepare oneself for accidents is by learning first aid. Many classes give first aid training, Fremantle to people of all age groups. Learning first aid becomes crucial when minor accidents happen in the workplace. At homes, we have our first aid kits ready at all times, but it is difficult to handle the first aid kit in our workplace.
Accidents in workplace
So, people working in offices should have a working and correct knowledge of first aid. Some many appliances and machines can harm the employees in the office, like a coffee machine. Even the simplest things like your chair or the staircase can harm you.
For major injuries, the patient must rush to the hospital. But for minor injuries and bruises, a first aider can help the injured. However, the first aider must have the proper knowledge of the art of giving first aid, which can be learned through first aid training, Fremantle.
Duties of a first aider
A first aider has many duties which he/she has to carry out while giving first aid to the injured. Some of them are:
- A first aider should take immediate and correct actions to save the life of the injured before taking them to the hospital. It will increase the chances of survival for the injured.
- The injured must be given practical and correct first aid by the first aider. Administering wrong first aid can worsen the case and put the life of the injured in danger.
- Along with first aid, the first aider should also provide the injured with emotional assurance and mental balance to reduce anxiety and prevent any panic attacks.
- The first aider should analyze the whole situation; what caused the injury, what is the nature of the injury, how to stop or remove the cause of the injury, and how to protect the bystanders and the public.
- If possible, the first aider should stay in the ambulance with the injured while the injured is taken to the hospital to give a context of the injury to the doctor. It will speed up the process of the doctor. Also, the first aider should complete the hospital formalities as in some sections of the paperwork, the details of the first aider are asked.
First aid is important and a piece of crucial knowledge. First aid can increase the chances of the injured’s survival. However, administering the wrong first aid will harm the injured even more.
To ensure that you get the proper first aid training, Fremantle, visit West Cost First Aid Training. They have years of experience teaching first aid and trained staff to teach you all the necessary and important points to keep in mind while administering first aid. Learn first aid and save a life.